Thursday, March 11, 2010

Glasses

Bennett started wearing her glasses today... It's been really rough, but I didn't really know what to expect so I suppose it can only get better. It's a huge adjustment for her to have something on her face and wrapped around her ears all the time. It probably doesn't help that both of her ears are infected right now too! This is a very hard adjustment for Thaddeus and I too. A big part of us just wants to say forget the glasses and let the surgery do all the fixing, but I know that is unwise. It's hard to understand how an eye doctor can come to the conclusion that a 10 month old baby needs glasses... I guess that's what they went to school for for huh? Needless to say this is very difficult for us, but we want whats best for Bennett and her vision so I am determined to get her to wear the glasses. Right now when I look at her in the glasses I think she looks funny not at all like my little baby girl, but I know that after some time passes Bennett will still be the same Bennett even with glasses. She does look cute, but it just breaks my heart right now. Please pray for Bennett and me during this transition. I'm trying to have a good attitude and be the strong mommy that she needs me to be, and I know there are much worse things we could be going through right now and am reminded just how blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment