Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spiders

I am very scared of spiders! It doesn't matter what kind they are, whether they are inside or outside... I hate them! So I am preparing to have a garage sale this weekend and I've been spending a lot of time in our basement sorting and pricing things. I had a group of chairs sitting by a wall in the basement probably for about 2 months now and I noticed maybe 3 weeks ago that this group of chairs was covered in spider webs. It kind of grosses me out to see that but its no big deal as long as I don't have to go near them. Well within this group of chairs is a highchair that I want to sell in my sale... so you guessed it, I have to touch this highchair... clean it, take it outside and try to sell it. So I go down in the basement with a paper towel, all prepared to get all the cobwebs off and carry it outside. It's just my luck that today there was a spider on it! And it wasn't just hanging out for fun... come to find out that it has decided to have it's babies on my highchair! That's right... there are a bunch of little spider eggs all over this thing! So gross! So I'm down stairs trying to figure out how to get this mama spider off my chair and I just can't get close to the highchair... did I mention that I hate spiders?! So I get enough courage to finally drag the highchair up the steps and out the door, stopping every few moments to make sure the spider is still on its eggs and not preparing to attack me! So I get it outside and get the hose out and spray the crap outta the spider and the eggs... at one point I shot the spider and saw it shoot a web and try to stay attached to the chair and its eggs but the water was too strong! So now the highchair is sitting in my yard, wet, with the eggs soaked, but still attached... and I am still scared of this spider! I don't want to go back out there b/c I'm afraid it's mad at me and will attack me! I know this is very irrational thinking, but I am terrified! Maybe I'll just leave the chair alone until Thaddeus gets home and let him move it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment